Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breathless Reads & Skinny Moose

   In book news, I just found out what books are on the Breathless Reads list for 2012. Some of last year’s Breathless Reads included Matched and Across the Universe. This year the following books are on the list:

Legend by Marie Lu
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
The Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer

Become a fan at facebook.com/BreathlessReads to sign up for giveaways and exclusive content! Then read along with us and come back for more breathless reviews!

~~~~~

   Here at home, April 15th marks the start of…Spring turkey season! I’m so excited! This is going to be my first turkey hunt and my first hunt with a bow! In order to prepare myself for this exciting adventure I’ve been doing a little research on what exercises I can do to strengthen my arms, and thus increase my draw weight (the amount of force it takes to draw the string back). After searching and modifying, I’ve finally come up with what I’ve dubbed my “Skinny Moose” workout. (Thanks to dv over at Mostly Archery for the great advice!) And it’s kind of a two for one- not only will this improve my bow skills, but hopefully it will improve my overall awesomeness when it comes to our book club’s LARP party! Book clubbers beware! Here it is if you’re interested or want to keep up with me ;).

Monday: 20-30 minutes on the elliptical (I have a strict ‘no running’ policy.)

Tuesday: Crunches on the stability ball
                 Front Arm Raises
                 Rows
                 Lateral Arm Raises
                 Push Ups

Wednesday: 20-30 minutes on the elliptical or walk

Thursday: Crunches on the stability ball
                  Military Press
                  Bent over Arm Raises
                  Arm Curls
                  Push Ups

Friday: 20-30 minutes on the elliptical or walk


Lacey helping me/ doing her own "Skinny Moose". Yes, that is a dumbbell, not a toy.


No comments:

Post a Comment