Sunday, February 19, 2012

Two Hours I'll Never Have Back- Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon



Just the facts:

Overall: 2 Stars

Addiction Level: Uh…

Believe-ability: Um…

~~~~~


   Well, I’m pretty sure that I don’t need to give a synopsis of Nightlight, just stating that it is a parody of Twilight should be enough.

   So…I kind of had high hopes for this book. I saw it at the local library (yay for libraries!) and thought, “Hey, this looks like it could be hilarious”. It was a short book, about 150 pages, and took me a few hours to read. I had never read a parody before, but Nightlight fell short of what I expected. Yes, it was funny and a few parts made me laugh out loud. However, I couldn’t wait to be finished because it felt like the author(s) saturated the text with sarcasm. No sentence was complete without poking some amount of fun at Twilight. The funny thing about humor is when you start using too much, the humor disappears. It’s like the guy at a party who loves to tell jokes. You laugh at the first couple, but at the end of the night you’re looking for escape routes so you don’t have to hear any more. I guess if you’re in to that you can go ahead and read Nightlight, but if not I’d just pass it up all together. I think I’ll definitely be sticking to my usual literary suspects: some young adult, dystopias, and historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment