Monday, July 22, 2013

Novellas that have you begging for more: The Fractured by Sarah Dalton


Overall Rating: 3 stars each
Addiction Level:  I read when I had time.
Believe-ability:  It was believable
Dystopia Factor:  The world has been turned upside down and all hope is lost.  

~~~

The Fractured:  Elena (Fractured #1)
I am glad Dalton chose to explore Elena’s character more.  I wanted to know what happened to her after The Blemished, and I received more insight into her character.
Dalton did a good job of expanding Elena’s character.  It is interesting to see Elena live for the GEM society and sympathize with the Blemished.  Her encounter with Mina changed her to see that all people are people.  One “race” or “species” is not superior.
I disliked that there were a few cheesy and predictable parts.  I like that Elena’s confrontation with tragedy will make her stronger.  Elena’s final choice will change the future for everyone.
I cannot wait to see what role she plays in The Unleashed!

The Fractured:  Maggie (Fractured #2)
I enjoyed this novella. I felt like Dalton took a long time to set the stage, but once the stage was set I was ready to keep reading.
I was reminded of the importance of how one reacts to tragedy. You can let it get you down and destroy your world, or you can use it for the better good. Maggie lets an event destroy her world; she never recovers.  It reminded me to strive to overcome the difficulties in my life, because I do not want to be a bitter old woman!
My only criticism is that I wanted more! I know we will see more in The Unleashed!

~~~

P.S.  I am always in agony as I wait for the next book in a series.  Is this intentional on the part of the author?  Probably not.  I do my best not to stalk the authors.  Maybe it is because she is self-published, but I love that her work is published so quickly.
P.P.S.  I can’t linger any longer.  I’m reading The Unleashed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment