Friday, March 8, 2013

1st Person Blah POV: Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi




Overall Rating: 2 Stars
Addiction Level:  I read it when I had time
Believe-ability:  Some aspects were real; others were not
Dystopia Factor: The world is starting to disintegrate.

~~~

Rossi is a very talented third person point of view writer.  One reason I enjoy Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night is they are both written in third person.  I empathized with the characters and felt like I knew them.
Roar and Liv is written from Roar’s point of view.  I like and admired him in Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night.  In Roar and Liv I found him whiny and annoying.  The first person point of view was not successful for Roar’s voice, because I did not believe the story came from him.
I had also hoped to see more of Liv.  I feel like she got short-sided in the series.  She was more appealing in both books than in this short story.
On the positive side I like that I got more background information on the Tides.  It helped fill in some gaps in her novels.
This is not a must-read for Under the Never Sky fans.  Borrow it from a friend if you want to understand the Tides more.

P.S.  Roar and Liv contains the first two chapters of Through the Ever Night.  If I read it before Through the Ever Night was published, I would have been pulling my hair out.  I enjoyed Through the Ever Night.  Review to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment