Thursday, February 28, 2013

I'm done: Reached by Ally Condie



Overall Rating:  3 stars

Addiction Level:  I read it when I had spare time.

Believe-ability:  It was believable.

Dystopia Factor:  The world has been turned upside down and all hope is lost, but maybe our hero/heroine can save it.



~~~



Reached is the conclusion of the Matched series.  Overall I was satisfied with it, because it concluded the series very nicely. 

I have struggled with writing my review.  I feel like I can sum up the series in two sentences, and I owe to you dear Reader to write more.  In the midst of fitful sleep I realized why I like not love this series.  I do not feel deeply connected to the characters.  I do not dream about them or wonder what they would do.  I do not have series ending grief/depression like I did with The Hunger Games or Harry Potter.  I am done. 

Before I am completely done, let me tell you what I liked. I liked how Cassia, Ky, and Xander’s stories were concluded.  The love triangle is resolved.  I liked getting more of Xander’s story.  After Crossed I really wanted to hear more of his story.  As I read I had hoped the Rising would be better.  It is slightly, but overall the Society and the Rising are similar. 

Condie leaves the story on a positive note.  Loose ends are tied up. The characters are ready to start a new journey.  Like them I am ready for a new adventure.



2013 Must Read Books: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment