Thursday, December 15, 2011

Am I Hearing Things? - The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


Just the Facts:


Overall: 4 stars
Addiction level: I read it every waking moment.

Believe-ability: I daydreamed about the created world and wondered how I might fit in. (I was doing yard work in between reading this story, and I frequently could hear Lacey saying, “Stick, Mom” and “Weeds, Mom”. Oh, how I love my dogs.)

Dystopia Factor: The world has been turned upside down and all hope is lost!


~~~~~
     The Knife of Never Letting Go reminded me a lot of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle…at first. You know… the story of a young boy, accompanied by his faithful dog on a journey to escape his home, run from a murderous psycho, and become a man in the process… Only I soon discovered that the comparisons end there. The Knife is filled with action and suspense as Todd tries to figure out the lie that he has been a part of his entire life. I loved the story because you actually felt the change in Todd as the story progressed and as Todd started to sort out who he was. The Knife is a great story of friendship, identity, and determining what actions really shape an individual. Plus, a little rebellion never hurt anyone. :)

     And so, here’s to hoping that Todd’s story ends much differently than Edgar’s. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment