Thursday, December 22, 2011

Meet the Family: Allie

     Since Rebecca and I frequently reference our puppies, we figured it would be good to introduce them to our wonderful readers. So here's the first of our introductions, featuring Allie.

AKA: Al, Albie, Albert, Bert, Bertie, or whatever else I come up with. Her Harry Potter inspired name - Bertie Bott’s Every Color Spots.

Stats: 7 year old (almost) walker hound with an intense case of doggie OCD.

Book character she most admires: Sam Goode (I Am Number Four). They share a belief in alien conspiracy theories and overall nerdiness.

Favorite Activities: Sleeping, barking at nothing, and stealing deer meat off the grill.

Bio: Allie is the oldest of my three girls. She prefers to stay inside and sleep the day away, which makes her the perfect writing companion. As a puppy, I trained her to sleep in with me, which is great except when I have to leave early in the morning. Now, I have to physically pick her up out of bed to make her go outside. Not an easy task with a 65 pound, limp animal with four appendages. What’s the saying? - Hindsight is 20/20. Yup. Allie's OCD tendencies can be overwhelming and include: freaking out if you touch her while she is standing on a hard surface, not being able to eat without first carrying a mouthful of food across the house, and many others. Currently, her biggest issue is not wanting to go outside for fear of getting snow on her feet. Sounds terrible, yes?



No comments:

Post a Comment